January 14, 2013

so i had this little idea ...


It came to me one evening and I submitted it to Kickstarter the next day.


It's already grown beyond my expectations. It looks like I have a few weeks of craziness ahead of me. I'm already knee deep in MFA thesis work so I have to accept there is no way I'm going to be doing any corset building for a while. I will be posting a few images of corsets snapped behind the scenes at the Kent State University Museum so do stayed tuned. Thank you for your patience and thank you for reading!

9 comments:

  1. good luck on your thesis. I commend you for taking on a masters degree and corset making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your busy life Jo! Sometimes,it meanders away frow what we are used to so we can learn, discover and get passionate about a project all over again. As you do not lack creativity and motivation, we will surely be following your progress and waiting for you to take the next corset route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to have having everything settle down a it so I can finish the in progress corsets and move on to the next one!

      Delete
    2. One year on yesterday I have just posted my last pictures of the Post Edwardian corset on the Flickr group page. It has been so much fun to build during the sew-along that there has not been one moment I have felt like these were too deep waters for a beginner like me! It has given me the courage to tackle the ribbon corset following the corsets and crinolines pattern and your blog posts. Bring it on 2013!

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad the sew along was helpful! I really enjoyed it too and would love to host another in the future. Are you going to post the your ribbon corset photos on your blog? I'd love to see them!

      Delete
  3. what a super cute idea!
    youre going to be sooooo busy!
    have fun with it and post photos!!

    Redheaded Daybook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm organizing and working like crazy and am lalready ooking forward to taking a nap when I'm done. I'll be sure post a photo or two!

      Delete